Monday, August 18, 2008

Who is coming to town?




Today started off as an ordinary day. Well, ordinary might be a slight exaggeration! I was actually quite stressed thinking about everything that I had to do before I left for China on Wednesday. All that changed around 3 pm this afternoon when a friend stopped by my cube to say hi and chat about my trip. She "casually" asked when I was flying and if I had checked the weather recently. Turns out someone by the name of "Fay" was about to turn my day upside down! As happens so often with tropical storms and hurricanes the predicted path and time frame for the storm had changed and it now looked like Fay would be coming to town around the same time we were supposed to be taking off. After checking a few websites and making a number of frantic phone calls, Payton (the other Jax winner) and I decided to get the heck out of town a day early. We both agreed that it was going to take more than a little ol' storm to keep us from Beijing! So now I am scrambling to get everything done in time ... and I thought I was stressed this morning! It is going to be a LONG night! Keep your fingers crossed and hopefully the next time I post I will be in Beijing!

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hope u got there safely and looking forward to hearing more